KT Insurance Recreational Vehicle Insurance
This is a summary only and not the full description of the cover or its limitations. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For the full policy wording (Product Disclosure Statement - PDS) please use the green buttons below.
- Accidental loss or damage to the Recreational Vehicle anywhere in Australia including whilst being transported by sea
- Accidental loss or damage to all accessories, fittings and/or appliances permanently attached to the vehicle (automatically covered with no need to be listed)
- Accidental windscreen and glass breakage*
- Accidental loss or damage to any trailer valued up to $1,000 (automatically covered and does not need to be attached to the vehicle). Trailers valued in excess of $1,000 need to be specifically noted on the policy to be covered
- Accidental loss of (including theft) or damage to the basic personal belongings within the Vehicle (automatically covered for $2,000). Additional contents and personal valuables cover can be purchased
- Fusion of electric motors up to 15 years old
- Food spoilage up to $500 for any one event
- Legal liability for third party property damage of up to $20,000,000 for a single event (including clean-up costs and cover for death or bodily injury)
- Towing costs to the nearest repairer as a direct result of a mechanical and/or electrical breakdown (Nil excess applies to towing claims), $600 per incident with a maximum of $1000 per policy period
- Reasonable towing costs to the nearest repairer or place of safety as a result of an accident or damage to the Vehicle
- Cost of Emergency repairs up to $500 for a single event
- Non-standard Signwriting /Artwork up to a limit of $1,000 for a single event
We will also cover:
- Hire vehicle costs following a covered accident or theft, up to $1,000 or a maximum of 14 days (whichever is less)
- Emergency accommodation costs following theft of the vehicle, whilst the vehicle is being repaired, or following a claim where the vehicle is a total loss^
- Reasonable transportation costs to your place of residence following a covered accident or theft of the Vehicle
- Transportation costs, including that of the vehicle, to your place of residence following the inability to travel due to an unexpected medical emergency. *Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply, see PDS for details.
Optional extra covers that are available to purchase include
- Cover for additional contents
- Cover for trailers
- Cover for valuables
- Protection of your no claim bonus insurance history. *Limits apply, see PDS for details.
* We will pay the reasonable cost to replace your windscreen or single window glass provided it is the only damage sustained by your recreational vehicle.
^ Provided at the time of the covered accident your vehicle was more than 100 kilometres from the address where it is normally parked at night. We will pay a maximum of $1,000 per incident, unless your vehicle is your permanent place of residence, in which case we will pay a maximum of $3,000 per incident.